Whether your financial goals are short-term or long, we have savings solutions to fit your needs.
- Primary Savings
This account offers you a traditional and convenient way to save money.
- $100 minimum opening deposit.
- Quarterly service charge of $6 if account falls below $200 at any time during the quarterly statement cycle. Account is free for clients 18 & under.
- Earn interest on daily balance of $200 or more.
- Interest is compounded quarterly and is added to the account at the time the quarterly statement is cut.
- Six withdrawals per quarter (two per month) are allowed. Additional withdrawals are $2 each.
- $12 fee if account is closed within 90 days of opening.
- Christmas Club
This account allows you to save for holiday shopping throughout the year. Deposit money each payday or as often as you wish. You choose the amount and the frequency.
- Deposit any amount at any time.
- Set up an automatic transfer from your Citizens First checking account.
- The transfer will continue from year-to-year until the client cancels it.
- Interest accrues daily on collected balances and is paid at the end of the term.
- The amount in the Christmas Club account is transferred to the client's Citizens First checking account on the date the Bank designates as the closing date for that year (early October).
- One withdrawal is permitted per Christmas Club year. Additional withdrawals are $15 each.
- If all funds are withdrawn early, interest is forfeited.
- Certificate of Deposit (CD) and Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
If you are looking for savings options with terms from 30 days to five years, we have a multitude of CD options with competitive interest rates from which to choose.
In addition to traditional fixed-rate CDs, we also have variable-rate CD options:
- 1-year Prime Rate CD – Your rate changes as the Prime Rate changes.
- 18-month Excel-R-Rate CD – allows raising the interest rate one time during the first 18-month term to the current 18-month Excel-R-Rate CD rate.
- 36-month Excel-R-Rate CD – allows raising the interest rate two times during the first 36-month term to the current 36-month Excel-R-Rate CD rate.
Saving for retirement? Traditional, Roth and Education Individual Retirement Accounts are also available with the CD products listed above.
FDIC insured to the maximum amount allowed by law.